Sunday, May 09, 2010

shout outs

First shout out of the day goes to my mom!!!! Its mothers' day so I think its only appropriate. If you don't know my mom, you're missing out. She's amazing. I love you mom!!



The second shout out goes to my family dinner friends. For the last two years my friends Jake and Sarah Hering have hosted about 10-15 people at their apartment for dinner on Sunday nights. The point is hospitality and fellowship and the result has been this great group of people who have become like family to me. I've known Jake and Sarah since Jr. High and am continually astounded when I stop to think that they're now some of my closest friends. This was our last officially family dinner because a lot of us are graduating and moving away. It was bittersweet. It was lots of fun but incredibly sad to think that its over. I've learned so much about giving without expecting in return and about hospitality in love from Jake and Sarah and our family dinners. These are priceless things that I'll carry with me in ministry in the future.

No comments: