Sunday, May 02, 2010

my new pen pal...to be


This is Katelyn. She is currently my sister RA here at Moody. It has been a great year working with her, getting to know her, and enjoying precious friendship with her. She is beautiful(inside and out), deep, fun, hilarious and really thoughtful. She's been especially encouraging this past week and its warmed my heart.

She came to church with me this morning and we got to talk about life, real life: our families, our thoughts, quirks, potential pit falls, coffee, the list goes on. Then, we got to worship together. There are few things that bring you into deep relationship with someone like worshiping with them. I especially love singing when she is sitting next to me because God has given her an amazing voice and she loves to praise Him with it.

A couple weeks ago, Katelyn and I decided that when I leave, we're going to become pen pals. I'm really excited. Its been quite a while since I've had a pen pal. I'm also hoping that this pseudo public announcement of our arrangement will hold me somewhat accountable to actually making it happen. :)

No comments: