Thursday, October 01, 2009

22

My mom's status on facebook today reads, "vinte e dois anos atras eu encontrei um amendoim" which means "twenty-two years ago I found a peanut." its a family joke but basically, she calls me Peanut. She always has, I can't remember a time when she didn't. I didn't realize that it might even be a little bit odd until I was 20 or so and my brother-in-law looked at me confused and said, "what did she cal you?" I don't mind, its never been embarrassing. Anyways, all that to say that I turned 22 today. Everyone made much too big a deal of it, I got publicly humiliated more than enough times, thanks guys. :) But, I feel incredibly loved, and thats a blessing. Its first birthday I have actually felt older.Not necessarily since yesterday when I was a mere 21 years of age but just thinking back to last year at this time. It is also the first year that people over the age of 10 have told me that I am old and legitimately meant it. Granted, the people that told me that are only one or two years younger than me but still. I'm sure my sisters will give me grief for this but thats ok. My oldest sister, Christine, was married with two kids at my age and Angela was just getting married i think. So strange to think of. I'm a senior in college with very little idea what I want to do with my life. I mean, I have some thoughts and ideas but nothing too concrete. But I'm ok with that for now. Its keeping me in the present and I'm grateful.

No comments: