Monday, June 15, 2009

weekend and a sleepless night...

Well, the weekend was great! Friday night was a piano/violin/flute recital for some of the missionary kids which was so much fun! They are really talented. After the concert I went down town with some girls to celebrate one of the girls's birthdays. I really like the city at night. Saturday I slept in then had a lazy morning with my roommate. We cleaned the apartment and just took it easy. Then, we went downtown again to revisit a photo exhibit we had only gotten to glance at the night before. It was photos and short essays about water contamination, human rights, natural disasters and poverty around the world. Talk about intense. There was a section of local issues too which was cool. While we were reading the local essays, we ran into an old man who told us stories about the local stuff and then we just got to talk to him for like 30 minutes, it was the highlight of the evening. We walked around the city a bit more and had Doner Kebab for dinner; it was wonderful! Sunday we went to a church along the coast and then had lunch and spent the rest of the day on the beach with some girls from the church. My spanish was definitely stretched but it was fun. The coast is so beautiful!

I started feeling sick on Friday night with a headache and thankfully was able to rest a lot on Saturday. The headache returned on Sunday, unfortunately and I'm still not feeling well. I stayed in bed a good portion of the day yesterday and that seemed to help. However, I have had a pretty rough night and have only gotten a few hours of sleep tonight. So, I'm up before the sun with a soar throat and plugged ears. Hopefully this doesn't last long. I really need to get work done on the project I'm supposed to be working on. For my prayer warriors out there, I would definitely appreciate your prayers for health, rest (I'm realizing I'm still pretty weary and run down from the school year), and motivation/creativity for this project! I'm having a rough time pulling it together. It will come in time, but it would be nice if that time was soon!

I leave you with a picture of the beautiful Malaga coast.

1 comment:

Jonny Wong said...

donner kabob rocks.