Wednesday, July 15, 2009

" You are the God who saves us, worthy of all our praises."

Sorry for the long delay for the few of you who read this. I'm in Portugal now and am amazed every day. I'm working at camp this week doing everything from making copies, making food, setting tables, translating, leading work teams, its been somewhat chaotic, a little confusing but mostly amazing and incredibly humbling to watch God work. I'm leading a work team as my main job. We set up for meals and clean after them, we wash dishes and clean bathrooms. Three of the five other people on my work team are great workers; two of them have been a bit of a challenge. I was ready to send them home yesterday, but today, I'm full of love for them and I'm learning that God isn't finished with them, and while He is growing them, He is using them.
The gospel is being preached every day, multiple times a day at camp in an incredibly powerful way. Some of the kids there don't know who God is but have been hearing about Him and how He saves every day for the last two weeks. Four kids lives were changed for eternity tonight. They will never be the same again. They got to be connected with people who will also disciple them and help them grow. PRAISE the LORD! Its such a blessing to be here. To be able to share the gospel with kids, through sharing my own story, through translating, through helping. Its been so awesome to see teens from my church and surrounding churches who were saved in the last 5 years now counseling kids at camp and leading them to a personal relationship with Christ. I'm really at a loss for words.
I am full of love. I love this country, this language, these people, the culture. Its so beautiful and God's heart is full of love for them and is breaking for their hearts. Its a love that is transforming my heart. God is so much bigger than any one of our stories, our lives, but through our stories, He makes His name great among the people of the world.
I beg you to pray for these kids this week. I'll share more stories next week when I have more time to write adn do them justice. These kids need Jesus. My prayer is that they find Him.

2 comments:

amy lynne said...

I MISS YOU!
it's so good to hear your voice through your writing. I am pretty much super excited to see you in KC in like... two weeks... crazy! And swap stories about our insane summers and all the many things we learned about life, God, faith, others and ourselves. Hope you had a blast in Africa... see you soon, lovely! >hugs and prayers!<

Anonymous said...

Charity, your time in there sounds amazing! Yey we have more brothers and sisters in the kingdom of God!

Jenae