Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What if God has something bigger?

Well, only a few hours before I board a plane and fly to London! I am excited beyond belief and nervous and sad and everything all mixed together. Last night I lay in bed for quite a while no where close to sleep, but instead, lost in about a million different thoughts. I'll just briefly share one. Counting sheep has never appealed to me, so as I lay there, restless, my thoughts turned to my upcoming flight. We're flying british air so i dont have much to complain about. I thought about what possible movies I would have to entertain me, how much sleep I'd get(usually i get about 10 minutes.... yeah that makes jet leg rough....) and what I could do to just make the ride as uneventful and fast as possible. Then I changed gears, What if God has something bigger than stupid movies, cds, and boring rem cycles? Who will I sit next to for 8 hours on this plane? What do I have that they need? well the answer to that question is obvious, GOD!!! I will admit I am scared, a part of me just hopes I will be sitting next to the window with my parents on the other side of me. And then there is the whole thought process of, what if I speak up and they dont want to hear what I have just told them and they get mad and I ruin their whole flight?!?!? And I STILL have to sit next to them for 7 and a half hours! But, I realize now that I am more awake and less emotional, it is far better to share the gift of life with them and ruin their plane ride than to not share it with them and possibly ruin their life. Pray for me! I don't want to be pushy but I want to share! God is the best thing in my life! and He precious enough to me that I want to be able to say," I cannot help speaking about what I have seen and heard and experienced!!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Charity. I must say I appreciate your introspective thoughts. You focus on yourself and what you can do to be more like Christ. He will bless your efforts and give you more and more opportunities as you seek them. I look forward to hearing about your flight. Thanks for sharing.