Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm in Portugal!!!

Well, I made it! My flight went really well. But, I was kinda surprised/ dissapointed. After my last post I continued thinking about who I would sit next to, what I would say. So, imagine my enthusiasm as I borded the first plane from chicago to London. Well, at the ticket desk after we checked our 7 HUGE suitcases ( only one was over the weight limit which trust me, is really amazing!) after that, the stewardess handed us our tickets and said that we had been bumped up to business class. Pretty cool, my dad and I were plating it cool not getting our hopes up because on alot of planes business class is pretty much the same as economy. My mom, however was convinced we were going to be treated like royalty.So, we boarded the plane and we walked down the aisle to our seats. My first thought was," this can't be right, we went the wrong way" So I double checked the row and seat numbers. Surely enough, my mom was right, we got to be in the nice sleeper chair things. It was pretty cool, but on one side of me was my mom and the other the a oretty wide aisle seperating me from the person on the other side that i couldntreally see because of the way the seats were situated. " Ok God, thanks for the nice seat, but that wasn't what I had in mind when I thought you might have something MORE for me. But you know, I'm not complaining." Then I thought, well I still have one more flight left. On that one however, true to my fleshly desire in my last post, I sat next to the window and my mom.I walked of of the plane not really knowing what to think, and I still don't really. I had been mentaly and spiritually preparing to share Christ with someone on that plane. Instead I lay awake while the rest of the cabin slept soundly for 7 hours.
The other aspects of my flight went well. WE got here safely, all of our luggage got here. We were delayed in London because of some rain but when we got here we had all of our bags and were out of the terminal in a matter of about 20 minutes, which for the Lisbon airport is a miracle.I was greeted by great friends, "cousins" "aunts" and "uncles". It is really good to be back. I went out to coffee with a good friend of mine yesterday andgot to hear how God has change him this summer it was amazing! God has given us both such passion for our God and such a burden as student leaders in our shool to pass that passion on to others, especially as it is our last year. We don't to leave with no one to step up. God spread your passion to the souls of those at GLCA! My heart yearns for the them to grasp your plan for their lives!! To you in DesMoines I miss you so much! Pass mygreeting on to everyone! I am excited to hear about IRS and how the school year is going! I a m praying for you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear a report already from Portugal. As far as the plane thing...God is supreme in thought and action. Maybe he just wanted to give you something -rest. Peace, a small reward for your service...1st class on the plane. Stop. Listen. Rest. I am excited for you as you start a new year. Your life is not the same. May your year prove it.